The Library website has been updated!
Note: This website has been optimised for viewing in versions of Internet Explorer 9 and above and other browsers. Visit the Microsoft website to upgrade Internet Explorer
As well as new branding and colours, the update introduces some new functionality with more still to come.
Some of the new functionality includes:
• When signed in to the website, you can now see your loan history.
• You can setup security questions and change passwords of upgraded accounts. (To change a PIN number you will still need to contact library staff)
• Parents/guardians can log in with their own card and be able to look at their children's loans, reservations, charges and fees as long as they have been linked as a contact. If you are unsure or cannot see your child's information, please contact a member of library staff
• You can set a default pick up locations for any reservations you place online.
• There is an improved renewals process. Reservation fees will show up when a reservation has been placed
• New Advanced Search options
• Updated Events Calendar
• Coming soon - Online registration
The next session for the iPad/Tablet device club will be on Wednesday 8th July 2015 2.00pm - 4.00pm in meeting room 1 at the Central Library, Waterdale.
New members will be welcome to come along to this informal group.
Tel 01302 735387 or email Centrallibrary@doncaster.gov.uk for more information.
With Doncaster Libraries Online you can:
Search for titles in the catalogue by entering a search term in the search box at the top of the page or by using Advanced Search.
Search the catalogue and filter hits to find precisely what you are looking for.
You can then limit or expand your searches using the many options provided.
On the way you will find lots of exciting suggestions that will give you the inspiration to read, listen to and watch things you may not have thought of yourself. You can also join in discussions on the forums, provide readings tips, make recommendations and write reviews.
To make full use of these services please first update your account by entering your library borrower details in the login box on the right of the screen. If you are not already a member you can use the e-form on the joining and membership page using this link.
Look out for our high quality information services in the 24 Hour Library, and download e-books any time of day on to a wide range of mobile devices (or your home PC or Mac) from the Digital Library. All free of charge to library members.
Reserve yourself a computer in a library using our PC Booking system
Libraries are also a good place to:
Get support looking for a job and preparing for employment
Find out more about courses in your area, and develop your skills. Some courses take place in libraries: search the library events calendar.
We are looking for Digital Champions
Do you love IT and are you enthusiastic about helping others learn to love IT?
You could be one of the people we are looking for.
We are recruiting volunteers to support IT users in Doncaster. For more information and to apply visit the Digital Champions page.
Central Library Café Culture
Café Culture serves speciality coffee, sandwiches, paninis, fruit and much more.
If you have not been in recently to see the refurbished library why not take the chance now and enjoy a coffee at the same time. Free WiFi also available in the café.
Monday-Saturday 10.00a.m. - 4.00p.m.