Doncaster Central Library
Doncaster Central Library and Children's Library
Doncaster's spectacular Danum Gallery, Library and Museum, the new home to Doncaster Central Library and Children's Library, is now open!
Pre-booking is not required but visitor numbers are limited to ensure social distancing guidelines can be adhered to. Unless exempt, we advise visitors to wear a mask.
Monday: 11am – 5pm
Tuesday: 11am – 5pm
Wednesday: 9:30am – 4.30pm
Thursday: 1pm – 7pm
Friday: 10am – 4pm
Saturday: 10am – 4pm
What is there to see and do
The new building can be enjoyed by all residents and visitors and is home to the following:
- - The children’s and adult lending libraries
- - Museum packed with fascinating collections
- - Art Gallery full of impressive works some loaned from the likes of the British Museum.
- - King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry Museum
- - Rail Heritage Centre showcasing memorabilia from the Doncaster Grammar School Railway Collection and two locomotive engines - No.251 and Green Arrow
- - A high quality education space
- - The fabulous 1910 cafe
- - Training, meeting and conference facilities
...and much, much more.