To support this new approach to adult social care, Doncaster Council have developed a new website called Your Life Doncaster. This new website will help provide the necessary resources for Doncaster’s residents to stay independent within their community; focusing on keeping well, safe and connected.
As well as being a portal for information and advice, the website also hosts a community directory of over 1500 groups and activities across Doncaster, helping residents to connect with their local community.
Health and Wellbeing in Libraries
Health & Wellbeing in Libraries
Now you need look no further than your local library to access a wide collection of health and wellbeing books that can be searched and requested online. The service also promotes health information and initiatives by:
- Providing Health & Wellbeing Collections in their staffed libraries
- Providing health information resources
- Supporting local and national health groups and organisations by promoting and publicising health related events
- Doncaster Clinical Commissioning Group – for information about local NHS services in Doncaster (note: currently under development)
- DIAL Doncaster – Disability Advisory Service
- Healthwatch Doncaster– the consumer champion for health and social care in the borough of Doncaster
- SYCIL – South Yorkshire Centre for Inclusive Living
- NHS Choices – search for doctors, dentists, hospitals and other health services in the UK. It also features an A-Z of treatments and conditions.
- NHS Direct – provides expert health advice, information and resources 24-hours a day
- Patient UK – contains information leaflets on medicines and drugs as well as information