COVID-19 Libraries Update
Library services update
The safety of our staff and visitors is our top priority so we continue to strongly encourage all visitors to the Library to follow the Hands, Face, Space, Air guidance even although legal restrictions will be lifted from Monday 19 July.
We will continue to limit visitor numbers in our buildings to ensure people can safely distance themselves from other visitors and staff. This may mean that there will be the need for queueing outside during busy periods.
Opening hours at some of the branch libraries are changing so please be sure to check our Branch Libraries page to check opening times before your visit.
- - Where possible only one member from your household comes to the library alone to collect or return.
- - Please maintain a 2-metre distance between yourself, library staff, and other customers and keep your face mask on to keep everyone safe.
- - Don’t attend our libraries if you have any symptoms of Covid-19, however mild, please stay at home and follow NHS guidance (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/)
- - If you’re not a member of the library but would like to join you can only currently do so online by clicking the “Join your Library” button on our homepage or by phoning us on 01302 734315.
- - If you’d like to choose your own books then log into your account using your library card number and PIN and use our Advanced Search page. Use the search boxs to enter any authors or titles you are looking for and click search. Click on the cover of the book and then the “Reserve” button to order. You are now able to reserve stock from any library which is open and collect at your local branch.
- - You can also order by phone or by emailing the library you will be visiting with details of what you would like. (Contact details at https://library.doncaster.gov.uk/web/arena/local-branches).
- - Look out for an email or phone call from our library staff who will contact you to agree a date and time for you to come to the library to pick up your items.
- - Please do not attend your local library to collect your books until you have received your date and confirmation.
Over the last few months, Doncaster, Heritage and Library Services have endeavoured to preserve a semblance of service, maintaining and boosting the online offer to customers – seeing a large increase in eBook loans and online access – and ensuring contact with their most vulnerable members through welfare calls.
Doncaster’s 21 Community Libraries are being supported on a case-by-case basis to prepare and open up services in a limited way to ensure continued safety for volunteers and customers to return.
For library members who are vulnerable and unable to access a library, while work is ongoing on a phased opening of other libraries, there is an option to have your books delivered to your door through the Home Library Service. Contact 01302 734315 or email Central.email@example.com
We will be looking at expanding the services we offer on a phased basis when we deem it safe to do so and any changes to the service offer will be highlighted on social media and the web site. Please continue to check the website for the latest updates and opening times as these are subject to change.
Update on other library services
The School Library Service - Whilst we are in the second lockdown, topic boxes can still be ordered and delivered. You will be given a time and day that they will be delivered, but unfortunately our drivers can deliver them to the front door only as we have been advised that they are not permitted to enter the school. As soon as this changes we will update you all.
The prison library staff are back on site preparing for a staged return to service with an initial ‘prison wing trolley service’ operating to maintain safety of inmates and staff.
The Patients library at Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust remains closed to patients for the time being. However the medical library is open for medical staff to access resources.