Reading Well Books on prescription for dementia
The Reading Well Books on Prescription for dementia provides help and support for people with dementia, carers of people with dementia and anyone who would like to find out more about the condition or is worried about symptoms.
Reading Well Books on Prescription for dementia has been developed to support people with dementia and their carers. It is also helpful in raising public awareness of the causes and symptoms of the condition and helping to create dementia-friendly communities.
- Information and advice about dementia and normal ageing
- Support following diagnosis
- Practical help for carers
- Personal accounts of people with dementia
You may also wish to download the Books on Prescription for dementia: Find self-help books at your local library or the Books on Prescription for dementia: Guide for health professionals to find answers to the following questions:
- What is the Reading Well Books on Prescription scheme for dementia?
- Which organisations and charities support the scheme?
- Who chooses the books?
- How do I get the book from the library?
- Where I can go for further help and information?
A video has also been produced called Dementia Safe & Found. This video provides information about how the Herbert Protocol can help if a person living with dementia goes missing. Follow the link below to view the video