Reading Well:long term conditions
Your Life, Your Way
Your Life, Your Way is our new approach to Adult Social Care, which aims to help people stay independent for longer. To support this new approach to adult social care, Doncaster Council have developed a new website called Your Life Doncaster. This new website will help provide the necessary resources for Doncaster’s residents to stay independent within their community; focusing on keeping well, safe and connected.
As well as being a portal for information and advice, the website also hosts a community directory of over 1500 groups and activities across Doncaster, helping residents to connect with their local community.
Health & Wellbeing in Libraries
Now you need look no further than your local library to access a wide collection of health and wellbeing books that can be searched and requested online. The service also promotes health information and initiatives by:
- Providing Health & Wellbeing Collections in their staffed libraries
- Providing health information resources
- Supporting local and national health groups and organisations by promoting and publicising health related events
Reading Well Books on Prescription
- Doncaster Clinical Commissioning Group – for information about local NHS services in Doncaster
- DIAL Doncaster – Disability Advisory Service
- Healthwatch Doncaster– the consumer champion for health and social care in the borough of Doncaster
- Patient Health Information - Links and resources are provided to help people looking for reliable and up to date information to help make informed decisions about their health.
- SYCIL – South Yorkshire Centre for Inclusive Living