Volunteers are very welcome to join in any of the 21 libraries in Doncaster that are opened and maintained across the week by more than 400 volunteers. The opening of these community libraries this would not be achieved without the dedicated contribution of local people giving their time. Doncaster Council supports the libraries managed by volunteers:
• By providing all the book stock
• By providing computers, internet connections, and software packages, so that customers of libraries with volunteers can still access all the excellent free resources you would expect in a library
• By providing events and activities given by library staff
• By meeting most of the running costs of the building
These libraries provide excellent opportunities for volunteering.
Volunteers are urgently required to help at:
- Wheatley Community Library to cover shifts from Tuesday to Friday.
- Conisbrough Community Library on Wednesday and Friday.
- Askern Community Library various shifts.
For further information and to register your interest please email or phone your local volunteer-managed library: