Shared Reading Group - Volunteers Needed
We are looking for volunteers to train as reader leaders. Doncaster Library services have joined forces with national charity The Reader to give people in our region the chance to experience Shared reading and enjoy its benefits. Doncaster, Sheffield and Rotherham libraries are being supported by The Reader and the Arts Council to train up to 30 people to deliver shared reading groups in libraries and community venues.
If you have any questions or for further details please contact the Shared Reading Organisers:
Christine Zagraba - email: Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 01302 734308
Helen Foster - email: email@example.com or Tel 01302 737997
Volunteers are very welcome to join in any of the 21 libraries in Doncaster that are opened and maintained across the week by more than 400 volunteers. The opening of these community libraries this would not be achieved without the dedicated contribution of local people giving their time. Doncaster Council supports the libraries managed by volunteers:
• By providing all the book stock
• By providing computers, internet connections, and software packages, so that customers of libraries with volunteers can still access all the excellent free resources you would expect in a library
• By providing events and activities given by library staff
• By meeting most of the running costs of the building
These libraries provide excellent opportunities for volunteering.
Volunteers are urgently required to help at:
- Wheatley Community Library to cover shifts from Tuesday to Friday.
- Conisbrough Community Library on Wednesday and Friday.
- Askern Community Library various shifts.
For further information and to register your interest please email or phone your local volunteer-managed library: